Tuesday 19 April 2011

Murat's 1303 from Turkey!!!



Hi guys. Today I will show you Murat's Super Beetle. It's a 1303 and he comes from Turkey!!!
Murat sent me quite a detailed description so, take a look at the pics and read Murat's words!!!

Enjoy!!!


"MY 73 1303 WITH SSP SPRINTSTARS
Hi there, my name is Murat and I am a 1303 owner from Istanbul, Turkey.
I can state that my enthusiasm for bugs began right after I was born because my father took my mom to the hospital by a 73 1303S to give me birth in 1973. That means I am lucky enough to have a journey in a brand new super beetle even I was so young to remember
But there are some cool memories that I hardly remember with that lovely marinblue bug, for example sleeping at the back of the back seat or waiting at gasoline queues with my father for long hours.
When I decided to have one just for hobby reasons, I decided to own the same car, tried to find from the number plate but sadly found out that it was wrecked long before and the number plate is now identifying a tractor
Anyway, first I found a 74 in 2007 in good condition and baught it. But in the meantime there was a 73 in the parking place where I live and I tried to find the owner for months to buy it. The old lady asked for a fortune to sell that to me so I gave up and went for the 74 I found. After nearly 2 years, I learned that the owner of the 73 decided to sell it and we agreed on a price which is nearly half of what she asked 2 years ago. Sold my 74 and took my dream into my garage...
It is a really good looking 1303 with silver blue color. Unfortunately the color is not the original but very close to L96 Metallic Blue. I asked for the originality check from VW Museum in Germany and saw that it was Marinblue, just like the one I was born in. But the condition of the car is so good and so well cared that I see no reason to change the color at least for several years. Also there was something wrong with my engine number because the first letter of the code is “T”. Once more I consulted to the museum and they have approved that it is the original VW built engine for Type3 cars. That means, in some time, there was a need of change and the only engine they could find is this one. Thank god it is not a replica. The good thing about the engine is that the figures in the documents show that the power is nearly 60hp and I can really feel it while driving.
After buying it, there was nothing to do with the exterior or the engine so I focused on make-up mostly. Ordered a lot of nice things from cip1 and vwheritage and installed them mostly by myself or with some good mechanics I know for years. The only big spending I did is for the upholstery. The seats are rebuilt and covered with cream beige leather. Door panels also. Now, it is a great pleasure to be in the car because the colors and the feeling is extraordinary.
I changed all the Windows with a brand new set and installed the pop-outs I baught long ago from a recycler. Renewed the set with latches and rubbers from cip1 and now they look great. Lately, I installed a set of sport suspension springs to the front and applied my kamei replica spoiler. The tyres are changed with a set of DUNLOP Sport LMs accordingly with 175/60/15 at front and 195/65/15 at the back. Now the stance is even more charming and the car looks really aggressive on the road.
Now, I believe I own a very special classic, one of iats kind in my country and I really love it. My garage is under 4 storeys down the ground and I also cover it with special cloth covering. Never take it out when raining or snowing. Ignite it at least once in a week and take a small ride either in the garage or around the destrict. If there is a special event, I take it to there or if the wetaher is nice, my kids love to take rides with it. I hardly wash it 4 or 5 times in a year so I believe that it will be rust free for long years.
But my unique enthusiasm was a set of brand new sprintstars since I first baught my bug and that dream came true last summer when I found a great deal at vwheritage ssp products for a full set. I immidiately ordered them and 15 days later, bingo, I had them. I admit that it took weeks before I installed it to my beetle becuse I exhibited the set in my living room for a long time :) Now, I have a very special and unique bug with “only” 4 bolt alloy sprintstars in my country as far as I know."

1 comment:

zafer said...

hey ı know this bug!! ı only wanna say about this bug;adorable color and design!
respect your style and works:) anakin from turkey