Wednesday 5 December 2007

about sprintstar

Hello! First of all, compliments for this wonderful blog!
I like sprintstar wheels very much, I think that they are the best choice for a Volkswagen beetle. In the last two years I spent some time to obtain informations about sprintstar 4 bolts, and now I want to share them with all you. Above all, you can supplement this text with any other knowledge you can and you have to rectify my mistakes.
Until now, I have possessed 12 original EMPI sprintstar (made by Lemmerz) and 4 FLAT4’s replica.
I can say that original wheels can be painted or chromium plated while the replica are polished.
The possible sizes (that I know) for the Empi are:
15 x 4.5 ET 34 or 41;
15 x 5.5 ET 0 or 6 or 26;
15 x 7.0 ET 0 or 16 ;
15 x 8.0 ET 0 or 16 or -25.
The only possibility for Flat4 replica is 5 x 15 ET 17.
I would like to know in which years Lemmerz have made these wheels, I think is about 1972, but I don’t know the precise years. Moreover, do you know if there are specific models of sprint star for beetle and superbeetle or not? And if there are, which are the differences?
Thank you to everyone! nick

4 comments:

pole_80 said...

Welcome, Nick!
Your knowledge is precious!
Four of the sprintstar you have owned (and that I have imported from USA) now are on Enrico's beetle...so we are like a big (sprintstars) family!

alupovet said...

oyeahh!

woodslat said...

I have a pair of 15 X 8 Sprintstars wide 5 that have outside edge curb damage can they be straightened or do they need to be cut and welded?

thanks!

jaykayvws said...

hi! i have as well 4 lug and 5 lug sprint stars. the 5 lug sprint stars are 5,5 j and 8,0 j. and i have some sets ao various 4,5 to 8,0 j 4 lug versions, from lemmerz as well as empi.
the 5 lug ones are actually mounted on my karmann gf buggy. i did the original paint scheme on them. silver and black satin. you can see them on my blog www.prostreetnotch.blog.de